Helen Wetter, ARNP, FNP-BC, is a board-certified family nurse practitioner as well as a psychiatric specialist. Helen earned her BSN from Northwest University in Kirkland, WA and her MSN from University of Cincinnati. To help address the severe shortage in psychiatric practictioners, she completed a fellowship in primary care psychiatry at UC Davis School of Medicine Department of Psychiatry. She is experienced in treating depression, anxiety, PTSD, ADHD, bipolar, insomnia, and OCD. She is especially passionate in helping patients who have had treatment failure and become discouraged with medication side effects, treatment resistant anxiety, depression or insomnia. Helen’s approach in helping patients reach optimal mental wellness includes, listening to patients, personalized medication options, genetic factors, nutritional deficiencies, autoimmune factors, and diet.
Helen is a member of the Neuroscience Education Institute of Medicine and Psychiatry. Helen is pleased to join CoHear/BCS and work with patients of all ages.
· Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Agoraphobia
· Bipolar I & II, Cyclothymia
· Panic Disorder
· Sleep/Wake Disorders
· Alcohol use or overuse
· Benzodiazepine dependency
· Sleep medication dependency
Establishing mental wellness through integrated approach including….
· Injury and traumatic events
· Existing chronic medical condition(s)
· Accurate diagnosis of psychiatric condition(s)
· Verification of med tolerance
· Safest meds, at lowest possible therapeutic dosages